#TGIFc64 Summer Starfish

#TGIFc64 Summer, Picture Perfect, Timeless Textures, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost, Stampin' Up!

It's all about "Summer Time and Sunshine" at the TGIF challenge blog this week.  We are in the middle of winter here in Australia and so it was nice to put together a project that brought to mind warm summer thoughts and a reminder that the days won't always be so cold, dark and short!

I reached for the Picture Perfect stamp set for my project today.  That starfish is absolutely perfect for a summery seaside theme.  I had a little trouble putting the layout together until I spotted the Global Design Project CASE challenge this week.  They are featuring the super talented Steffi Helmschrott at the moment and I drew inspiration from her beautiful work in completing this design.

I stamped just one layer of the starfish and gold embossed it before layering it over a strip of pool party ribbon and some white bakers twine.  I love the watercolour background look!  I've achieved it here with pool party ink on shimmer white card and added stamping from the Timeless Textures stamp set to finish.

I hope you've enjoyed this project and I hope you will join me in playing along with the TGIF Summer theme this week!

4 comments

  1. Um, WOW! Jenn, I adore the entire theme of this card and the soft, muted colours are beautiful. The gold embossing just finishes your project with the right amount of shine. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project as we CASE Steffi this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is STUNNING!!! Totally summer. I loved walking along the beaches growing up and looking for treasures. Never found sea stars, but lots of sand dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I love your work. Very creative way to mix 3 stamp sets. The colours, the design . Wow. You are such a source of inspiration. X Bibi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Jenn! The colours work so well together with the gold embossing. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge xx

    ReplyDelete