Thoughtful Branches, Embossing with die technique

Thoughtful Branches, Stampin' Up!, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost, Sympathy card, Embossing with Dies

"You are like the Willy Wonka of cardmaking" laughed one of my class participants earlier this year.  At the time I was demonstrating how to attach a pearl string embellishment to a card using a little clear fishing wire.  I'd not thought of myself like that before, but I've since had a little laugh to myself when these words have come back to me, as I've been in the process of picking up an odd household item to put to use at my craft desk.  This project, featuring the lovely tree branches die from the exclusive Thoughtful Branches bundle, was one such time!

Clever Stampin' Up! bloggers from around the globe have flooded the Internet with gorgeous paper-crafts featuring this limited time special August product offer.  I wanted to try something a little different and loved the idea of doing a little dry embossing with a die from the collection.  I grabbed an old rubber mouse pad from my desk and experimented with using it in the Big Shot to cushion the die so it would imprint rather than completely cut through the whisper white card panel.  I was delighted with the result!  The team at Stampin' Up! thought it was a fun idea too and shared it on Instagram this week.  Big love to all of you who liked the post, left a comment and/or found and followed me on Instagram as a result!!


Please find below a link to the key products used to put this project together!

No comments