Jar of Haunts, Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Jar of Haunts, Halloween, Artisan Design Team, Stampin' Up!, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost

Halloween is not big here in Australia, but that hasn't stopped my three year old from telling everyone she is throwing a dress-up party!  She already has her costume picked out too - a pink princess, bless her!

Do to celebrate Halloween where you are?  If so, the Artisan Design Team are sure to get you into the spirit of this holiday today.  We are sharing projects featuring the spooky Jar of Haunts set.  I've created this card and gift set for the occasion.

When I saw this set, I imagined these fun jars and decor elements set out together on a Halloween party table.  I started with a crumb cake base and stamped the images together with black ink, masking in places as I went.  Then I applied colouring with blender pen and whisper white ink, before selectively layering extra colour over the top.  I decided to stamp the pumpkin on cardstock and fussy cut to achieve a full even orange tone.  Then I chose to stamp several of the images again on white cardstock and selectively fussy cut pieces out to bring a bit of brightness to the panel.

Jar of Haunts, Halloween, Artisan Design Team, Stampin' Up!, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost

My hubby often laments over the growing collection of jars taking up residence in the top of our pantry!  I feel compelled to wash up and save glass jars, I love re-purposing them.  And of course, a little gift jar is a wonderful match for this stamp set.  I stamped the sentiment directly onto the jar with StazOn Black ink.  I then added a little white scalloped circle to the lid to cover up some text that was printed on it, topped it with some stamped detail and finished with a bit of burlap ribbon.

Jar of Haunts, Halloween, Artisan Design Team, Stampin' Up!, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost

I hope you've enjoyed this project!  Now let's find out what the rest of the team have been making to inspire you. Click the button below to visit Jessica Williams with another of her fantastic projects!


Supplies Used:
Stamps: Jar of Haunts
Inks: Memento Black, Whisper White Craft Ink, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Dapper Denim, Real Red, StazOn Black
Papers: Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie, Crumb Cake, Neutrals Designer Series Paper Stack
Accessories/Tools: Blender pen, Layering Circles Framelits Dies, Moroccan Designer Washi Tape, Burlap Ribbon, White Bakers Twine.


1 comment

  1. Love the card, the off set DSP adds such a nice dimension along with the accent ripped piece stapled. I especially love the jar and stamping on it! I too have a collection of jars ;)

    ReplyDelete