Sending a smile, Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop

Love and Affection, Confetti Celebration, Affectionately Yours washi, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost, Artisan Design Team, Stampin Up

I had a lot of fun playing with the pretty Love and Affection stamp set for this sweet project today.  I've chosen to feature the brand new Flirty Flamingo tone for my main flowers, with a mix of old olive foliage and spray of little rich razzleberry and mint macaron blooms. 

I stamped the imagery on a piece of shimmery white cardstock.  Before watercolouring the pink flowers, I stamped the rich razzleberry centres and set them with clear embossing powder so they wouldn't bleed purple into the soft pink petals.

Love and Affection, Confetti Celebration, Affectionately Yours washi, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost, Artisan Design Team, Stampin Up

The layered stamping work is really the star of this design. I've gone with some simple touches to complete the card - a strip of coordinating Affectionately Yours Designer Washi Tape, a little bakers twine bow and a slim Mint Macaron border..

You might recognise the 'Happy Birthday' sentiment I've added to the mix from the new Confetti Celebration set.  I liked how the strong upper case lettering of this sentiment worked with the cursive Love and Affection 'sending a smile your way' font.

I hope you've enjoyed this card.  Thank you for stopping by!  Be sure to continue the hop by visiting fellow Aussie Artisan Jessica Williams. Her creations never disappoint!



10 comments

  1. This color combo is stunning and your watercolored flowers with embossed centers make me melt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've so beautifully mastered this set with that colour combo. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this card Jenn! The soft colors are so pretty. Great idea using the washi tape on the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this card! I am lucky enough to have this stamp set and have not been getting on with it all, thanks for sharing such wonderful inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Was not thrilled with this set, but thought the outline stamps would be best with a watercolored look - and you have done it! This is probably my favorite card I have seen with this set - very pretty colors and nice, soft watercoloring! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I loved your card so much I have made my own version of it! Would it be ok if I link back to your post via my Blog please? Many thanks. Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super sweet Jenn. I think you've just made the best card I've seen with this stamp set. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jennifer, you defo have made the most beautiful card I have seen with this stamp set. You amaze me not only with your incredible talented to use the stamps, and choose the colors and elements but the photography. everything about your blog is wow wow. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deborah AnneMay 10, 2017 at 3:37 AM
    Beautiful ! Did you do any masking with the stamping? If so, how? thank you, I would love to make this for Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deborah,
      Yes, I did mask for this project. I started with the largest flower first. Then stamped the image on a sticky note, handcut it and laid it over my stamped image before stamping the other layers over the top. I've recently just created a video tutorial for another project that shows this masking technique. You see more of the process here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMe9QsN_Zhs&t=1065s

      Delete