Affectionately Yours, Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop


We are showcasing the beautiful Love and Affection stamp set and coordinating Floral Affection Embossing folders in today's Artisan design team blog hop.

Love and Affection, Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team blog hop, Affectionately Yours Papers and Embossing Folders, Copper powder, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost

For my first project, I wanted work this gorgeous matching patterned paper (from the Affectionately Yours pack) into the mix. I sometimes find it tricky to really feature a pretty paper in a way that allows it to shine, but I'm so pleased with how this design turned out.  The Bold Butterfly framelit is a lovely shape for revealing just enough of this beautiful pattern to not feel too busy.  The embossing folder and white bakers twine added subtle interest to the white panel. I've heat embossed the sentiment in white on black card to help it stand out from the vibrant background.

I'm in love with the very on-trend shiny copper tones in this Specialty paper!  I wanted to carry some copper over into my second project today.  To do this I chose to stamp some Love and Affection flowers in VersaMark and heat set with the brand new Copper Emboss Powder.

Love and Affection, Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team blog hop, Affectionately Yours Papers and Embossing Folders, Copper powder, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost

The colour scheme of the patterned paper pack made the colour selection for my spray of flowers super easy.  Rather than tuck a doily in behind them, as would normally be my go-to subtle layering technique, I decided to add some detail from this second Floral Affection folder instead.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I know you'll have fun following the hop and browsing all the beautiful creations the rest of the team have come up with!



6 comments

  1. Absolutely beautiful! I'm in love with the butterfly card. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I have managed all this time without that particular butterfly die, but now it seems that I must have it just to make these cards. Love them both, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stunning Jennifer! I adore your cards and have highlighted you on my blog today.
    http://www.craftykylie.com/2016/07/popular-pinterest-pins.html

    ReplyDelete