#TGIFc74 Christmas in Stitches

#TGIFc74, Hand stitched card, Peaceful Pines, Christmas Card, Thoughtful Banners, Washi Tape background, Papercraft by Jennifer Frost

Stitching on cards is popular again, so pull out your needle or sewing machine and join the TGIF team for this week's Sewing and Stitches technique challenge!

I'm not overly handy with a needle and thread.  Most of our clothes that need a stitch or two end up at my Mum's house!  But I somehow managed to thread a needle and enjoyed putting a little hand-stitched touch on this Christmas card.

I went with the Peaceful Pines tree and used the coordinating framelit to die cut the holes.  Then I stitched with the gold thread, adding a little extra thread loops behind the sentiment banner.


The background was inspired by this gorgeous project by fellow Aussie Claire Daly.  I have a growing collection of washi tape and just loved this idea the second I saw it!  Thanks for the inspiration Claire!

I really hope that you enjoy this week's challenge and that you play along with the TGIF challenge this week!

Supplies Used:
Stamps: Peaceful Pines, Oh What Fun!, Thoughtful Banners
Inks: VersaMark, Soft Suede
Papers: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Pear Pizzazz
Accessories/Tools: White Emboss Powder, Heat Tool, Duet Banner, Gold Thread, Perfect Pines Framelits, Winter Wonderland Washi Tape (retired), All is Calm Washi Tape (retired)

1 comment